Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trip Preparations

As of this moment, plans are being settled for the trip to Alabama. I leave early Friday morning with my mother on a plane. We fly to Atlanta, then into Panama City, FL where my uncle and/or aunt will pick us up.

We are staying with them while we're down there. This could be a terror or a treat depending on my cousins who hold occasional temper-trantrums despite being over the age of 14.

I've begun the great process of packing. Delta limits luggage to 50 lbs. unless one wants to pay incredible fees. I'm presently trying to balance the luggage between the main bag and two carry-ons. This is a terrifically terrible task since I have no idea what to expect while down there; I haven't been down there in nine years. Undoubtedly, I will be visiting with relatives and some of Mom's old high school friends, but there will also be beach trips, time spent at Lake Eufala (spelling anyone?) and possible horseback riding. I wouldn't be surprised if several other unexpected adventures crop up between all of these expected incidents. When one speaks to my father (who is paying for the flight for me and conveniently not coming along) one gets the distinct feeling that it is normal to get arrested, hitch-hike with an alcoholic, or see old men wearing WWII helmets driving tractors without tires. I should quickly preface that my Aunt and Uncle and cousins are educated individuals here.

I have every intention of creating and updating this blog with interesting facts, stories, and possibly pictures over the course of the ten days spent in Alabama. Be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment