Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting Lost

Mom wanted to visit old friends from high school which she hasn't seen in 34 years. She also managed to find the house of her old math teacher. HE RECOGNIZED HER! I kind of hope in 34 years, however, I don't have to worry about old students showing up at my house unexpectedly.

Anyway, we managed to get lost at one point. There are A LOT of dirt roads here. In fact, I'd venture to wager that probably every 4th or 5th road one passes down here is simply an old clay dirt road. This is fairly alarming for someone like me who really appreciates pavement.

The following are the peanut fields we encountered along our dirt road.

Photobucket



Here's an idea of what the roads look like.
Photobucket



And here's us discovering pavement.


3 comments:

  1. I've lived in Dothan for 30 of my 49 years and I couldn't even tell you where a dirt road is inside the city limits of Dothan if you offered me a million dollars. Please don't perpetuate such an untrue stereotype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe our faithful blog correspondent will send you the google maps location of the dirt roads she so obviously saw & videotaped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this video :)

    ReplyDelete