Tuesday, July 13, 2010

River Trip

Just a quick post.

Today I went out with my Uncle and youngest cousin and floated down the river. We had a wonderful time today. We must have floated for three hours down a creek and into a river. It was really relaxing, and I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of it.

I will post a few images of some of the really great trees which were overhanging the creek and perhaps a short video of the great time we had.

Tomorrow, we're heading up to the lake, and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't know if I'll have internet access, so the rest of my posts may be posted belatedly after I return.

I should probably take a second here to note that I'm really enjoying my Aunt and Uncle's hospitality. It's been great spending time with them, and I'm honestly relaxing here. It has been pointed out to me that this blog could be taken wrongly on their part, so I want to take a second to clear that up - I'm not mocking them or their lifestyle down here. I'm honestly just blogging to remark on the funny and unexpected differences between the north, where I've been raised, and the south. They're very different places and because of this, northerners and southerners lead different lifestyles and have different values. They're also sometimes very similar places... and that's comforting too.

You can't choose family, but if I could, I'd still choose this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment