Monday, July 19, 2010

The End

It's the last night here in Alabama. I had a wonderful time down here. My family has done a great job of showing me around, and I hope those who tuned in to the vacation blog enjoyed this little adventure with me.

I suppose I should take a moment to reflect here on the fact that we're all different in our viewpoints and our lifestyles and that recognizing those differences is important. We all come from different backgrounds and look at life differently. It's tough coming from the North to see the South when you're loaded with stereotypes. I'm certain it's just as rough dealing with a Yankee in the South. Let's be honest, we're generally not friendly people... I don't mean to be rude, but waving at strangers on the street corner is odd to me. I'm sure that makes me a snobby bitch for not waving to people down here, but luckily it seems like my Yankee tendencies were tolerated if certainly odd. That's hospitality.

Anyway, I will be returning to my nature blog now that the trip is over. (http://naturewritingjournal.blogspot.com/) There may be a chance that some of my outdoors experiences around here could crop up in the future in the nature blog since I'm compiling this info for my Master's and I certainly have no published everything here.

Great trip, good food, wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment