Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hands Free Cell Service

Another day spent at the house with family.

Today I went on a little shopping trip with my middle cousin. He's going to be a senior in high school, is pretty easy to talk to and laid back. We went shopping at an outdoor's store and walmart - he got some shirts and a fishing rod.

I realized today on the trip with him that Alabama probably doesn't have any cell phone laws requiring hands-free cell phones while driving. This isn't because of the lack of cell phone service, surprisingly. It's actually because these people have no problem driving side by side down the highway with their windows open, just yelling in conversation with each other going 60 miles an hour. Yeah, I was in the car with my cousin on a particularly busy stretch of the highway and he's talking to some guy through his rolled down window:

"Hey! How you doin?"

"Where you headed?"

"When you going to the lake next?"

"This is my cousin, Nicole."

"See ya, around!"

No blue tooth earpiece required.

I was just disappointed that I didn't get the opportunity yet to meet his one friend who I only know as "Turd." This kid is apparently so proud of his nickname, that he got it put on the front of his truck, up at the top of his windshield. I cannot promise pictures, but if he EVER stops by, I will be going covert ops if I must to snag a picture of this. The attempt will be made.


Other than this little 'nugget' today involved eating a lot of great food and seeing my Uncle Larry. I got a chance to try to fish out at the pond, but had no success. I will be trying again when we go to the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment